Impact of Information and Technology on Economy and Polity: A COVID-19 Perspective
Total Views / Downloads: 3
Sharma, M., Agrawal, S., Sharma, N. and Bansal, N., 2021. Impact of Information and Technology on Economy and Polity: A COVID-19 Perspective. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 2(6), pp.78-84.
There is a significant reliance on technology to solve economic and political problems worldwide because of an absolute and almost universal reluctance by the officials and government bodies’ advice the changes in social and political aspects that result in inefficient production and fewer wastages. The revolution in the Information and Technology sector paying off in increased economic and social activities. This paper aims to identify the various sectors that are motivated by the technological revolution in both economic as well as in political sectors. The paper has review the related and published literature that are already available. In order to conclude that after the pandemic of COVID 19, the usage of digitalisation, information and technology, internet of things and other related technical aspects are being highlighted and shown a drastic transformation from traditional approach to the modern approach.
- Agrawal, S., Jamwal, A., & Gupta, S. (2020). Effect of COVID‐19 on the Indian economy and supply chain. Working Paper. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.20944/preprints202005.0148.v1
- Agrawal, Shruti and Sharma, Nidhi and Singh, Manju, Employing CBPR to Understand the Well-Being of Higher Education Students During Covid-19 Lockdown in India (June 16, 2020). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3628458 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3628458
- Beder, S. (1994). The role of technology in sustainable development. IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, 13(4), 14-19.
- Barnes, S. J. (2020). Information management research and practice in the post-COVID-19 world. International Journal of Information Management, 55, 102175.
- Bhatnagar, S., Agrawal, S., Sharma, D., & Singh, M. (2020). Perception on the Community Engagement of Students of Higher Education Institutions. Available at SSRN 3664052.
- Jamwal A, Bhatnagar S, Sharma P. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current Literature and Status in India. Preprints 2020,2020040189 DOI: 10.20944/preprints202004. 0189.v1
- Sharm, P., Jamwal, A., Aggarwal, A., Bhardwaj, S., & Sood, R. (2018). Major challenges in adoption of RFID for Indian SME’s. Int. Res. J. Eng. Technol, 5, 2247-2255.
- Jamwal, A., Bhatnagar, S., & Sharma, P. (2020). Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current literature and status in India.
- Lange, S., Pohl, J., & Santarius, T. (2020). Digitalization and energy consumption. Does ICT reduce energy demand?. Ecological Economics, 176, 106760.
- Miah, M. (2020). IMPACT OF DIGITALIZATION: TRANSFORMING EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION. Стратегии развития социальных общностей, институтов и территорий. Т. 2.—Екатеринбург, 2020, 127-133.
- Jamwal, A., Agrawal, R., Gupta, S., Dangayach, G. S., Sharma, M., & Sohag, M. A. Z. (2020). Modelling of sustainable manufacturing barriers in pharmaceutical industries of Himachal Pradesh: an ISM-fuzzy approach. In Proceedings of International Conference in Mechanical and Energy Technology (pp. 157-167). Springer, Singapore.
- Jamwal, A., Agrawal, R., Sharma, M., & Kumar, V. (2021). Review on multi-criteria decision analysis in sustainable manufacturing decision making. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 1-24.
- Jamwal, A., Agrawal, R., Sharma, M., Kumar, V., & Kumar, S. (2021). Developing A sustainability framework for Industry 4.0. Procedia CIRP, 98, 430-435.
- Jamwal, A., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, M. (2021). Life cycle engineering: past, present, and future. In Sustainable Manufacturing (pp. 313-338). Elsevier.
- Sharma, A. Contemplation on the Impact of Digitalization on Indian Economy: Growth, Opportunities and Challenges.
- Teräs, M., Suoranta, J., Teräs, H., & Curcher, M. (2020). Post-Covid-19 education and education technology ‘soluti
- onism’: A seller’s market. Postdigital Science and Education, 2(3), 863-878.
- Jamwal, A., Nayim, S. T. I., Shukla, R. K., Agrawal, R., & Gupta, S. (2021). Assessment of barriers in lead time improvement: an exploratory study of electronics manufacturing companies in Himachal Pradesh (India). International Journal of Business and Systems Research, 15(2), 182-199.
- Jamwal, A., Agrawal, R., Manupati, V. K., Sharma, M., Varela, L., & Machado, J. (2020, December). Development of cyber physical system based manufacturing system design for process optimization. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 997, No. 1, p. 012048). IOP Publishing.
- Dedrick, J., Gurbaxani, V., & Kraemer, K. L. (2003). Information technology and economic performance: A critical review of the empirical evidence. ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), 35(1), 1-28.
- De Loo, I., & Soete, L. (1999). The impact of technology on economic growth: Some new ideas and empirical considerations.
- Erumban, A. A., & Das, D. K. (2016). Information and communication technology and economic growth in India. Telecommunications Policy, 40(5), 412-431.
- Erman, N., Rojko, K., & Lesjak, D. (2020). Traditional and New ICT Spending and Its Impact on Economy. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 1-13.
- Ramesh, J. (2020). Science & technology in a post-Covid-19 world. Journal of Biosciences, 45(1), 1-4.
- Choudhary, S. (2020), “Covid-19 impact: domestic demand for petrol, diesel, ATF and shipping fuel drop 10%”, available at: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/oil-gas/domesticdemand-for-petrol-diesel-atf-shipping-fuel-drop-10/articleshow/74681471.cms?from=mdr
- Kumar, S., Maheshwari, V., Prabhu, J., Prasanna, M., Jayalakshmi, P., Suganya, P., … & Jothikumar, R. (2020). Social economic impact of COVID-19 outbreak in India. International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications.
- Nandi, S., Sarkis, J., Hervani, A. A., & Helms, M. M. (2021). Redesigning supply chains using blockchain-enabled circular economy and COVID-19 experiences. Sustainable Production and Consumption, 27, 10-22.
- Liu, K. (2021). COVID-19 and the Chinese economy: impacts, policy responses and implications. International Review of Applied Economics, 35(2), 308-330.
- Song, L., & Zhou, Y. (2020). The COVID‐19 Pandemic and Its Impact on the Global Economy: What Does It Take to Turn Crisis into Opportunity?. China & World Economy, 28(4), 1-25.
- Dwivedi, Y. K., Hughes, D. L., Coombs, C., Constantiou, I., Duan, Y., Edwards, J. S., … & Upadhyay, N. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on information management research and practice: Transforming education, work and life. International Journal of Information Management, 55, 102211.
- He, W., Zhang, Z. J., & Li, W. (2021). Information technology solutions, challenges, and suggestions for tackling the COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Information Management, 57, 102287.
- Jamwal, A., Aggarwal, A., Gupta, S., & Sharma, P. (2019). A study on the barriers to lean manufacturing implementation for small-scale industries in Himachal region (India). International Journal of Intelligent Enterprise, 6(2-4), 393-407.
- Sigala, M. (2020). Tourism and COVID-19: Impacts and implications for advancing and resetting industry and research. Journal of business research, 117, 312-321.
- He, P., Niu, H., Sun, Z., & Li, T. (2020). Accounting index of COVID-19 impact on Chinese industries: A case study using big data portrait analysis. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 56(10), 2332-2349.
- Jamwal, A., Agarwal, R., Sharma, M., Kumar, A., Kumar, V., and Garza-Reyes, J.A. (2021), Machine Learning Applications for Sustainable Manufacturing: A Bibliometric-based Review for Future Research. Journal of Enterprise Information Management. DOI: 10.1108/JEIM-09-2020-0361
- Ting, D. S. W., Carin, L., Dzau, V., & Wong, T. Y. (2020). Digital technology and COVID-19. Nature medicine, 26(4), 459-461.
- Meijer, A., & Webster, C. W. R. (2020). The COVID-19-crisis and the information polity: An overview of responses and discussions in twenty-one countries from six continents. Information Polity, (Preprint), 1-32.
- Cleland, J. (2020). Resilience or resistance: A personal response to COVID‐19. Medical education, 54(7), 589-590.
- Taylor, J., & Williams, H. (1990). Themes and issues in an information polity. Journal of Information Technology, 5(3), 151-160.
- Taylor, J. A., & Williams, H. (1991). Public administration and the information polity. Public Administration, 69(2), 171-190.
- Bellamy, C., & Taylor, J. A. (1994). Introduction: Exploiting IT in Public Administration‐Towards the Information Polity?. Public Administration, 72(1), 1-13.
- Valle-Cruz, D., Sandoval-Almazan, R., & Gil-Garcia, J. R. (2016). Citizens’ perceptions of the impact of information technology use on transparency, efficiency and corruption in local governments. Information Polity, 21(3), 321-334.
- Low, L. (2001). The Singapore developmental state in the new economy and polity. The Pacific Review, 14(3), 411-441.
- Pate, U. A., Gambo, D., Ibrahim, A. M., Pate, U. A., Gambo, D., & Ibrahim, A. M. (2019). The impact of fake news and the emerging post-truth political era on Nigerian polity: A review of literature. Studies in Media and Communication, 7(1), 21-29.
- Axford, B., & Huggins, R. (2000). Towards a post‐national polity: the emergence of the Network Society in Europe. The Sociological Review, 48(S1), 173-206.
- Khan, M. Z., Gilani, I. S., & Miankhel, A. K. (2013). Contemporary globalization and polity transformation. Journal of globalization studies, 4(2).
- Hill, M. W. (2012). The impact of Information on Society: An examination of its nature, value and usage. Walter de Gruyter.
- Taylor, J. A., & Lips, A. M. B. (2008). The citizen in the information polity: Exposing the limits of the e-government paradigm. Information Polity, 13(3, 4), 139-152.
- Beynon-Davies, P. (2006). Personal identity management in the information polity: the case of the UK national identity card. Information polity, 11(1), 3-19.
- Colom, A. (2020). The Digital Divide: by Jan van Dijk, Cambridge, Polity Press, 2020, 208 pp.,£ 17.99 (paperback), ISBN: 978-1-509-534456.
- Strandberg, K., & Grönlund, K. (2012). Online deliberation and its outcome—evidence from the virtual polity experiment. Journal of Information Technology & Politics, 9(2), 167-184.
- Ruijer, E. H., & Martinius, E. (2017). Researching the democratic impact of open government data: A systematic literature review. Information Polity, 22(4), 233-250.
- Dittmar, J. E. (2011). Information technology and economic change: the impact of the printing press. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 126(3), 1133-1172.
- Foth, M., Tomitsch, M., Satchell, C., & Haeusler, M. H. (2015, December). From users to citizens: Some thoughts on designing for polity and civics. In Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Australian special inte Foth, M., Tomitsch, M., Satchell, C., & Haeusler, M. H. (2015, December). From users to citizens: Some thoughts on designing for polity and civics. In Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Australian special interest group for computer human interaction (pp. 623-633).rest group for computer human interaction (pp. 623-633).