Feminization of Migration: Is it a Double-Edged Sword?
Alemam, L., 2020. Feminization of Migration: Is it a Double-Edged Sword?. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 2(1), pp.49-51.
Although frequently addressed, the concept of feminization of migration remains insufficiently researched. Contrary to the common belief that feminization of migration is an increase in the proportion of women in the overall number of migrants; this article aims at nuancing the misunderstood concept of feminization of migration, through distinguishing between feminization of migration process and feminization of research on migration.
- Castel, S., & Miller, M. J. (2013). The Age of Migration, Fifth Edition: International Population Movements in the Modern World 5th edition by Castles, Stephen, de Haas, Hein, Miller PhD, Mark J. (2013) Paperback (Fifth Edition). One piece.
- Champion, T., & Fielding, T. (1993). Migration Processes and Patterns: Research Progress and Prospects (1st ed.). *Belhaven Press.
- Cortes, G. (2016). Women and Migrations: Those Who Stay. EchoGéo, 37, 1–18. https://doi.org/10.4000/echogeo.14892
- Gabbacia, D. R. (2016). Feminization of Migration. The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies, 1–3. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118663219
- Güllü, C. (2019). Syrian Refugee Women And Girls in Turkey & The Istanbul Convention. http://turkishpolicy.com/files/articlepdf/syrian-refugee-women-and-girls-in-turkey-the-istanbul-convention_en_6810.pdf
- Harzig, C., Hoerder, D., & Gabaccia, D. R. (2009). What is Migration History? (1st ed.). Polity.
- Piper N., 2003, Feminization of labor migration as violence against women. International, regional, and local non-governmental organization responses in Asia, Violence against Women, 9(6), pp. 723-745.
- Piper N., 2005, “Gender and migration”, commissioned background paper for the Global Commission on International Migration, Geneva, GCIM.
- Schwenken, H. (2008). Beautiful Victims and Sacrificing Heroines: Exploring the Role of Gender Knowledge in Migration Policies. Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, 33(4), 770–776. https://doi.org/10.1086/528744
- The Female Face of Migration. (2012). Caritas Internationalis,1-16. http://www.caritas.org/includes/pdf/backgroundmigration.pdf
- Vause, S., 2009, “Genre et migrations internationales Sud-Nord: une synthèse de la littérature”, Centre de recherche en démographie et sociétés, Document de travail du Sped, 32, 50 p.
- Zlotnik, H., (2005, May). International Migration and the Millennium Development Goals. Retrieved from:https://www.unfpa.org/sites/default/files/resource-pdf/migration_report_2005.pdf
- Verschuur, C., 2013, “Theoretical debates on social reproduction and care: The articulation between the domestic and the global economy”, in Oso Casas L., Ribas Mateos N., International Handbooks on Gender Series, pp. 145-161.