To Perceive the Mix of GTA Parameters on the Outside of AISI304 Stainless Steel that Gives Improvement in the Properties AISI304 Tempered Steel in the Changed Layer
Sahu, T.R. and Sharma, A., 2019. To Perceive the Mix of GTA Parameters on the Outside of AISI304 Stainless Steel that Gives Improvement in the Properties AISI304 Tempered Steel in the Changed Layer. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 1(1), pp.10-26.
Quality of modified specimens mainly depends on the mechanical properties of the alloying material and the warmth influenced zone (HAZ), which is in direct connection with the kind of welding procedure and its parameters. Dab width and profundity of entrance were by and large impacted by welding process parameters i.e., welding current, travel speed, remain off separation, protecting gas stream rate, tip edge and voltage and further more it assumes a significant job in deciding the surface properties of the changed layer, for example, surface hardness, wear rate and so on. In this investigation, impact of surface properties by fluctuating the procedure parameters has been examined on the AISI 304 tempered steel bars of size 30x30x100 mm surface adjusted with economically unadulterated titanium of thickness 0.3 mm. The surface alloying of AISI 304 hardened steel with Ti were completed by Gas Tungsten Arc (GTA) under N2 climate. Optical microscopy was utilized to discover the microstructure and Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) was utilized to discover the level of substance sythesis in the Ti altered layer. The X-Ray Diffraction examination (XRD) was utilized to describe the Ti adjusted layer. The surface hardness and the wear rate of the Ti changed layer were explored by Vickers hardness testing machine and Pin-on-circle wear testing machine. Results showed that perception of the microstructure of the surface alloyed layer uncovers grain refinement. The intermetallic mixes FeTi, TiN and TiNi were shaped utilizing XRD examination. The hardness expanded from 264 HV for the substrate to 2679 HV for Ti adjusted layer. The Coefficient of contact is practically consistent for substrate and surface alloyed example. The EDAX investigation demonstrates an expansion in the Ti content on the altered layer when contrasted and the piece of the substrate. A set of examinations has been led to gather the trial information utilizing focal composite plan of reaction surface philosophy. In light of the recorded information, the ANOVA tables have been created. Further a model approval has been done to affirm the estimation of yield reactions, for example, profundity of infiltration, hardness and wear rate that are equivalent to the ideal worth which are determined utilizing ANOVA table.
- Handbook, W., “Welding processes”, American Welding Society, Vol. 2, (1991), 8-14.
- Kalpakjian, S. and Schmid, S.R., “Manufacturing engineering and technology, Pearson Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, (2014).
- Jiménez–Come, M., Turias, I. and Trujillo, F., “An automatic pitting corrosion detection approach for 316l stainless steel”, Materials & Design, Vol. 56, (2014), 642-648.
- Lo, K.H., Shek, C.H. and Lai, J., “Recent developments in stainless steels”, Materials Science and Engineering: R: Reports, Vol. 65, No. 4, (2009), 39-104.
- Handbook, W., “Aws”, Welding Processes, Vol. 2, (1991).
- Shanping, L., Hidetoshi, F. and Kiyoshi, N., “Effects of CO2 shielding gas additions and welding speed on gta weld shape”, Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 40, No. 9-10, (2005), 2481-2485.
- Liao, M. and Chen, W., “The effect of shielding-gas compositions on the microstructure and mechanical properties of stainless steel weldments”, Materials Chemistry and Physics, Vol. 55, No. 2, (1998), 145-151. 8. Kou, S., “Welding metallurgy, John Wiley &Sons, (2003).
- Hebda, M. and Sady, R., “Software for the estimation of steel weldability”, Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 58, (2013), 13-17.
- Choudhary, S. and Duhan, R., “Effect of activated flux on properties of ss 304 using tig welding”, International Journal of Engineering-Transactions B: Applications, Vol. 28, No. 2, (2014), 290-298.
- Doniavi, A., Hosseini, A. and Ranjbary, G., “Prediction and optimization of mechanical properties of st52 in gas metal arc weld using response surface methodology and anova”, International Journal of Engineering- Transactions C: Aspects, Vol. 29, No. 9, (2016), 1307-1313.
- Zarooni, M. and Eslami-farsani, R., “Effect of welding heat input on the intermetallic compound layer and mechanical properties in arc welding-brazing dissimilar joining of aluminum alloy to galvanized steel”, International Journal of Engineering-Transactions B: Applications, Vol. 29, No. 5, (2016), 669-678.
- Sathiya, P., Mishra, M.K. and Shanmugarajan, B., “Effect of shielding gases on microstructure and mechanical properties of super austenitic stainless steel by hybrid welding”, Materials & Design, Vol. 33, (2012), 203-212.
- Palani, P. and Murugan, N., “Modeling and simulation of wire feed rate for steady current and pulsed current gas metal arc welding using 317l flux cored wire”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 34, No. 11, (2007), 1111-1119.
- Kumar, S. and Shahi, A., “Effect of heat input on the microstructure and mechanical properties of gas tungsten arc welded aisi 304 stainless steel joints”, Materials & Design, Vol. 32, No. 6, (2011), 3617-3623.
- Gülenç, B., Develi, K., Kahraman, N. and Durgutlu, A., “Experimental study of the effect of hydrogen in argon as a shielding gas in mig welding of austenitic stainless steel”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 30, No. 13, (2005), 1475-1481.
- RajaKumar, G., Ram, G. and Rao, S., “Microstructure and mechanical properties of borated stainless steel (304b) gta and sma welds”, La MetallurgiaItaliana, No. 5, (2015).
- Kurt, H.I. and Samur, R., “Study on microstructure, tensile test and hardness 304 stainless steel jointed by tig welding”, International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, (2013), 163-168.
- Standard, A., “A370-12a”, Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products, (2012).