Relevance in Internal Audit Tools and Techniques for Achieving Organizational Objectives in Private Limited IT Company
Sultana, M. and Espineli, J.D., 2020. Relevance in Internal Audit Tools and Techniques for Achieving Organizational Objectives in Private Limited IT Company. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 1(6), pp.24-29.
Internal audit is emphasized too much in Public Ltd. IT companies. Research on internal audit and its success factors, effects & effectiveness has mainly focused on public limited IT company. It is also relevant for private limited IT company. This article is a case study conducted on ARENA IT Company, a private limited companies in the country to see the relevance and effectiveness of internal audit for private limited IT Company. The study systematically examined the effectiveness of internal audit in ARENA IT Company. The findings indicate that internal audit, is important and contributing for private limited IT company also. The paper additionally discovered that internal auditors more often than not use audit tools and strategies, inclusive of danger primarily based planning digital, communique, analytical evaluations and operating papers. The paper concludes that, whilst different audit tools and techniques are essential to have, the most favored enhances the first-rate of the audit method.
- ISO 19011:2011. Guidelines for auditing management systems.
- ITIL glossary and abbreviations. London (UK): Cabinet Office; 2011.
- Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, Pub. L. No. 107-204, 116 Stat. 745.
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission. Internal control—Integrated framework. New York (NY): Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission; 2013.
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission Enterprise risk management—Integrated framework. New York, NY: Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission; 2017.
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission Internal control—Integrated framework. New York, NY: Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission; 2013.
- Institute of Internal Auditors International standards for the professional practice of internal auditing. Altamonte Springs (FL): Institute of Internal Auditors; 2012 October.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology Guide for assessing the security controls in federal information systems and organizations. Gaithersburg (MD): National Institute of Standards and Technology, Computer Security Division; 2010 June. [special publication 800-53A revision 1].
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Reporting on controls at a service organization. Durham (NC): American Institute of Certified Public Accountants; 2011. [Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16]. February 2013].
- Presidency, The. 2013. MPAT management performance assessment tool: National Departments score cards. [Online] Available from: file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/National%20Score%20Cards%202013.pdf. [Accessed: 31 January 2014].PSC: See Public Service Commission.
- Public Service Commission. 2010. State of the public service report. [Online] Available from: http://www.info.gov.za/view/DownloadFileAction?id=134177. [Accessed: 26 October 2011].
- Public Service Commission. 2011. Fact sheet on the state of the public service. [Online] Available from: http://www.psc.gov.za/documents/2013/FACT%20SHEET%20ON%20THE-%20STATE%20OF%20THE%20 PUBLIC%20SERVICE%20-%20FINAL(2).pdf. [Accessed: 13 March 2017].
- Guidance on Exhibit 300—Planning, budgeting, acquisition, and management of IT capital assets. Washington, DC: Office of Management and Budget; 2011 August.
- ISO/IEC TR 24748-1:2010. Systems and software engineering—Life cycle management.  ISO/IEC 15288:2008. Systems and software engineering—System life cycle processes.
- Kissel R, Stine K, Scholl M, Rossman H, Fahlsing J, Gulick J. Security considerations in the system development life cycle. Gaithersburg, MD: National Institute of Standards and Technology, Computer Security Division; 2008 October. Special Publication 800-64 revision 2.
- The Basics of IT Audit: Purposes, Processes, and Practical …lily.staff.gunadarma.ac.id › Downloads › files › The-Basics-of-IT-Audit-Pur…
- (Abou-El-Sood et al. 2015; Kutum et al. 2015; Christensen E t al. 2015; Jacobus 2015).
- (Dittenhofer 1994; Liebowitz et al. 2000; Burnaby and Hass 2009; Bailey 2010).