Development of Vision Based Path Tracking Algorithm with Kinematic Motion and Fuzzy Controller
Kyaw, N.M. and Soe, H., 2021. Development of Vision Based Path Tracking Algorithm with Kinematic Motion and Fuzzy Controller. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 2(5), pp.01-09.
This paper intends to develop the path tracking algorithm for Differential Drive Mobile Robot (DDMR) with MATLAB/Simulink. The input data for vision system of DDMR are taken from the captured images. In order to get the desired result, the control data from the captured images, fuzzy logic controller, the kinematics equations and MATLAB/ Simulink are used in this research. The error heading angles/inputs values of the captured images are controlled by the fuzzy logic controller to get the minimum error heading angles for path tracking. There are two parts in this research. Ones is to develop the fuzzy controller by using the control data/heading error from the captured images with Hough Transform. The second one is to control of the robot platform by using Kinematic based on fuzzy control system. The velocity outputs of fuzzy logic control are applied for kinematics motion of DDMR. The gains of fuzzy controller are tuned to achieve the desired speed and then Simulink model is prepared for DC motors with gear of DDMR. The algorithm/program of path tracking for DDMR are developed in this research with the MATLAB/ Simulink.
- Du et al., Wang et al., “Mobile Robot Path Tracking in Unknown Dynamic Environment” State key laboratory of robotics and system, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin300222, China, IEEE, 2008.
- Ahmed et al., Faycal et al., Anis et al., Abdellatif et al., “Using Fuzzy Logic Path Tracking for an Autonomous Robot”, International Review of Automatic Control (I.RE.A.CO.), Vol. 4, No.1 January 2011.
- Mustafa et al., Nihat et al., “A Real Time Object Tracking By Using Fuzzy Controller for Vision-Based Mobile Robot”, Electronics Technology Program, LLgin Technical Vocational School of Higher Education, Selcuk University, Scientific Research and Essays Vol. 6(22), pp.4808-4820, 7 October, 2011.
- Zhao et al., Hou et al., “Fuzzy Logic System Design for Mobile Robot Motion Control”, Information Institute Hebei Union University Tangshan, Hebei Province, China, 2013.
- Sandeep et al., Jharna et al., “Kinematics, Localization and Control of Differential Drive Mobile Robot”, Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, India, GLOBAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCHES IN ENGINEERING, Volume 14 Issue 1 Version 1.0 Year 2014.
- Neerja et al., Abhishek et al., “Path Tracking of Automated Guided Vehicle”, Amity School of Engineering Technology, Amity University, IEEE 2014.
- Gancho Vachkov, “Vision Based Autonomous Path Tracking of a Mobile Robot using Fuzzy Logic”, Baku Higher Oil School (BHOS) Baku Azerbaijan, Conference Paper November 2014
- Leena, K.K.Saju, “Modelling and Trajectory Tracking of Wheeled Mobile Robots”, Federal Institute of Science and Technology, India, Cochin University of Science and Technology,
- Technology, India, Cochin University of Science and Technology, India, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Science and Technology (ICETEST-2015)
- Thoa et al., Cosmn et al., Robin et al., Trung et al., Thich et al., “MIMO Fuzzy Control for Autonomous Mobile Robot”, Department of Electrical Energy, Systems and Automation, Ghent University, School of Mechanical Engineering, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) Article in Journal of Automation and Control Engineering, January 2015.
- H. Ismail, A.M. Abdul Zaman, K. Teresina, “Fuzzy Logic Approach for Line Following Mobile Robot Using an Array of Digital Sensors”, School of Mechatronic Engineering University Malaysia Perlis, Pauh Putra Campus, 02600 Arau, Perlis, Malaysia, System and Control Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, Volume 5, Issue7, July 2016.
- Amani et al., Sameh et al., Abderrazak et al., “Control of Mobile Robot for Trajectory Tracking in the Presence of External Disturbance”, Physics and Instrumentation Department, National Institute of applied sciences and technology JNSAT North urban centre, Conference International Automatique & Traitment de signal (ATS-2017), International Journal of Control, Energy and Electrical Engineering –CEEE, Vol 5.
- Boru et al., Prof. Wang et al., “Design and Control for Differential Drive Mobile Robot”, School of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University of Technology and Education, Tianjin 300222, China, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ,Published by : www.ijert.org, Vol. 6 Issue 10, October – 2017.
- Dinesh, et al., M. et al., N. et al., “Tracking of a PID Driven Differential Drive Mobile Robot”, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics, St. Joseph’s college, Trichy, Tamilnadu, India, vol.8 (27), Jan. 2018.
- Do et al., Bong woo et al., “Design of Fuzzy-PID Controller for Path Tracking of Mobile Robot with Differential Drive”, Department of Electric and Control Engineering, Mokpo National University, Jeonnam, Korea, International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems Vol. 18, No.3, September 2018.