A Comparison of Face Recognition Algorithms for Varying Capturing Conditions
Safdar, F., 2021. A Comparison of Face Recognition Algorithms for Varying Capturing Conditions. United International Journal for Research & Technology (UIJRT), 2(3), pp.01-07.
In the recent years, great success has been achieved in the field of recognizing faces but when it comes to unconstrained environment, face recognition is still quite a demanding problem. This is due to some external factors that act as an obstruction in this process. These factors include variation in expression, pose and illumination, motion images, misalignment, etc. This research addresses different efficiently working algorithms in unconstrained scenarios. A comparison between Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and 2-Dimensional PCA (2DPCA) is performed in this paper in the end. The performance of these systems is also checked by modifying the lighting condition of the test images. The performance and robustness of these systems was evaluated and tested through experiments.
- Best-Rowden, H. Han, C. Otto, B. Klare and A.K. Jain, “Unconstrained face recognition: Identifying a person of interest from a media collection,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 9(12): p. 2144-2157, 2014.
- Jafri and H.R. Arabnia, “A survey of face recognition techniques,” Journal of Information Processing Systems, 5(2): p. 41-68, 2009.
- Eleyan and H. Demirel, “Face recognition system based on PCA and feedforward neural networks,” Computational Intelligence and Bioinspired Systems, p. 935-942, Springer, 2005.
- Alsaqre, “Two-Dimensional PCA for face recognition,” MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- Kocjan and K. Saeed, “Face recognition in unconstrained environment,” In Biometrics and Kansei Engineering, p. 21-42, Springer, 2012.
- Masi, S. Rawls, G. Medioni and P. Natarajan, “Pose-aware face recognition in the wild,” in Proceedings of the IEEE conference on computer vision and pattern recognition, 2016.
- Ravidas and M. Ansari, “Deep learning for pose-invariant face detection in unconstrained environment,” International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), 9(1): p. 577-584, 2019.
- Yi, Z. Lei, and S.Z. Li, “Towards pose robust face recognition,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2013.
- Pearline and M. Hemalatha, “Face recognition under varying blur, illumination and expression in an unconstrained environment,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1902.10885, 2019.
- Srisawasd and S. Wongthanavasu, “Face recognition in unconstrained environment,” in 15th International Joint Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (JCSSE), IEEE, 2018.
- Ferrari, G. Lisanti, S. Berretti and A.D. Bimbo, “Effective 3D based frontalization for unconstrained face recognition,” in 23rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), IEEE, 2016.
- Moeini and H. Moeini, “Real-world and rapid face recognition toward pose and expression variations via feature library matrix,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 10(5): p. 969-984, 2015.
- Deng, J. Hu, Z. Wu and J. Guo, “Lighting-aware face frontalization for unconstrained face recognition,” Pattern Recognition, 68: p. 260-271, 2017.
- Zhi and S. Liu, “Face recognition based on genetic algorithm,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 58: p. 495-502, 2019.
- Howell and H. Buxton, “Towards unconstrained face recognition from image sequences,” in Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, IEEE, 1996.
- Nada, V.A. Sindagi, H. Zhang and V.M. Patel, “Pushing the limits of unconstrained face detection: a challenge dataset and baseline results,” in IEEE 9th International Conference on Biometrics Theory, Applications and Systems (BTAS), 2018.
- Radha and M. Pushpalatha, “Comparison of PCA based and 2DPCA based face recognition systems,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 2(12): p. 7177-7182, 2010.
- K. Das, “Comparative analysis of PCA and 2DPCA in face recognition,” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2(1): p. 330-336, 2012.